Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Baby Edward

Remember my last post about helping two young mothers to be prepare for their births and newborns?  Well the big day came for Bruna on this past Thursday.  She went into labor in the morning and was ready for me to join her around 10 am.  Friends of our watched Elijah all day long so I could be with Bruna and her husband throughout the whole labor, birth, and for several hours after.  
Bruna wound up having a wonderful birth and Edward, their new son, is just perfect!  It was a completely exhausting, but just perfect, exhilarating, emotional, spiritual, and thrilling day.  I just loved the whole ministry of reaching out to Bruna throughout her whole pregnancy and then being there for her in a very intense way for the actual birth.  Her husband and I didn't leave her side, constantly massaging, encouraging, praying with, and even singing with Bruna throughout the whole labor.   
When I visited Bruna this weekend to follow up with her, she was just so happy with the way everything worked out.  It was a joy and a complete privilege to be part of.  What an exciting and unique ministry I have come across.  I love how it allows me to reach out to women in such an intimate way and how it fits so well with the stage of life I am in myself.  What mother does God have for me next?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That is awesome, S. what a great experience!