Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

No Turning Back Now!!

I better type quick because we already called to cancel our phone and internet so we'll be cut off any minute!  I thought I'd type a little update.  Once again, no pics :(  I promise I'll get back to posting pictures again as soon as life becomes more stable again.

I am truly in awe of all that we were able to accomplish over the past week and the way God has brought every last detail together.  We just met the couple who will be moving into our home and they are just great!  Jeyson leaves in about an hour to take a bus to the airport in Brasilia.  He will then catch his flight at 10pm and arrive at 2 am in the morning.  It will be a long day for him! Turns out tomorrow is a holiday here in Brazil.  Our plan was for Jeyson to hit the ground running on Wed to check out houses, but it looks like he'll be forced to have a day to recover from his trip and to adapt to the heat.  It's probably for the best.

Tomorrow, Wed, I will be emptying out the last few things in the house and Thurs I will do a deep cleaning.  Then, I'll go straight (before the house gets dirty again hahaha!) to move over to a friend's house with Elijah.  We will stay here in Anapolis until Sunday to say final goodbyes to people.  Then, after church on Sunday we will head over to my in-law's house where we will stay until we head to Boa Vista the following Friday (May 10th).

Our biggest prayer requests right now are for Jeyson to be able to find a home for us to rent in Boa Vista.  It would be SO SO ideal for me and Elijah to just show up and move right in.  Especially because I"ll be headed to the US for a whirlwind trip for my sister's wedding May 18th....just 7 days after Elijah and I arrive!

So, it's going to be an adventure.  I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that we are actually, actually moving.  It just still seems so surreal, even as I sit here typing on a mattress on the floor because our sofas and bed are gone :)  I have a flood of emotions, but as I wrote about 2 months ago, we're ready.  That's the overriding feeling.  We can't go on in limbo forever, so we feel ready to bring on the adventure.  Though as we say in Portuguese, "My stomach is cold"  meaning....  i've got the jitters :)  So please just keep lifting us up in prayer this week, pray for me and Elijah as we stay behind and Jeyson to find a safe, comfortable place for us to call home.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Love you....you can do this! See you soon!!!!

bruce ciotta said...

Bring on the adventure! Spirit of God, go with you!