Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Friday, October 7, 2011

"One Room" School House

I've had quite a fun and different experience over the past two months helping out at a missionary kid's school. The teacher has not been able to get a visa to come to Brazil, so the parents of these kids set up a little school in a church and are sharing the job. I have been helping out two mornings a week teaching reading and social studies. It's my first time teaching without the subject being English as a foreign language!
The kids are really fun and I'm glad to be a small part of allowing their parents to serve in their ministry with the Brazilian branch of Wycliffe. When I was telling one of my sisters about this one room school house type setup, she said "So it's sort of like Christie (the old t.v. show you might remember) without the horses". I guess it is! ...although there is more than one room for us to use :)

As you can see, the belly is growing by the day! The other day, the kids were all doing an independent reading assignment and Baby Braun was VERY active, kicking and squirming all around. I looked up to see one of the boys with his eyes FIXED on my moving belly in confusion and amazement. So cute!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That looks fun! Adorable kiddos!