Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby Tea

A baby tea, that's what it's called in Portuguese. In English? A baby shower...that's what some ladies threw for me last week. And it wasn't just any baby shower. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful, and fun shower ever...but I might be a little biased :) Here's some pictures of the fun evening.

Me with my popping belly
My mother-in-law came and made the most perfect chocolates and sweets


My super talented friend (and the host of the party) made this adorable onesie cake

And this diaper cake too. These diaper cakes are the cutest invention - getting one really made me feel like a mom-to-be! I LOVED it!




There was a great turn out of women from the mission, as well as some other friends from the community.




My friend, Joy, was nice enough to play along with this goofy fun game/drama part

And one of the most fun parts was a game where I had to answer questions about our baby/being a parent and predict how Jeyson would answer the question. Then, they played Jeyson's actual response that had been videoed. We did pretty well...though there were a few surprise answers as you can see from my shocked expression!



And the BEST surprise of all was my family coming to the shower via video clips that they had made and sent to one of my friends.


And although my family couldn't be there, I was so happy to have my mother-in-law and sister-in-law there in person.

My friend Michawn, who is a mom of 4 and is going to be our doula for the birth, shared an encouraging word on being a mom.

Thank you so much to these sweet friends, Vanessa and Kris, for planning and working so hard to make this shower so wonderful and memorable. It meant so much to me to feel loved and encouraged by these friends God as brought into my life!

No comments: