Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

As of Late...

As of late...




- Jeyson has been supervising the maintenance on one of Asas's training planes. It has been keeping him quite busy! (picture is of Jeyson in the parts room)
I have been working more at my administrative job at Asas. My supervisor is about to head to southern Brazil for two months of furlough and I will be taking over her job as well as doing my own! It's a bit intimidating as I will be in charge of processing the support for all of the 40 or so families of missionaries as well as continuing to work with the donations that come from the States (what I already d0) but I've had lots of good training and feel ready for the challenge. I've discovered that I love working with numbers and I'll definitely have my fill of it over the next months.












I am also glad that I have a great co-worker, Franci, who will be carefully double checking everything so I don't make any mistakes.
- Also, we decided to join a new small group ministry through our local church. It is an evangelistic Bible study that actually takes place at an unbeliever's house. The hostess is really interested in the Bible and wanted to study it together with her grown children and their families. A few couples from our church go to her house once a week and we all study the book of Acts together. On Sunday we will be taking a day trip together...it really is a life-on-life ministry, not just book-on-book.






Let's see...what else...






- We are having some work done on our house since in this past rainy season one whole entire side of our house was badly damaged with water infiltration. Now, during dry season, is the time work on it so we have to act fast. We got an incredible deal (even for here!) with a Christian man from the community and he is going to work on it Thurs and Friday. Unfortunately, water infiltration is just a reality here in this area that rains every day for over half the year! But we're taking some more extreme steps than last year to try to prevent it. We'll only know in Dec or Jan if it holds up!





- Jeyson has been going mountain biking with some other guys from the mission and community on the weekends and has been loving it.





- I am starting to feel the baby move. I have seriously never felt something SO thrilling in my life before! You still can't feel it from the outside yet, but I can from the inside- and there are seriously no words to describe the joy. I will be 20 weeks on Sat and will give a more thorough update then.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah! I know...it is the second best feeling....the best being when you hold your baby IN your arms! :) So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Bom receber noticias, saudades de vcs e de minha amiga Franci! Bjs.Suzi.