Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Monday, July 4, 2011

Baby Braun - 20 Weeks!

I can't believe we're already halfway done with this pregnancy and that Baby Braun will be here in just another 20 weeks or so!
Here are some yeas and nays I've had so far....

YEAS -
- Feeling the baby move quite a few times a day now
- A very smooth and uneventful past few weeks with the pregnancy
- Feeling a bit less tired and no more morning sickness
- Really no strange or annoying symptoms (so far)
- Starting to clear out and organize the stuff that's currently in the room that will become our baby's room
- Great hand-me-downs from other missionaries including clothes, a crib, baby bjorn, kids books in English, and much more
- Unexpected gifts on random days. They've been in the form of care packages from the States as well as from friends and family here. It's so fun to get one on a random day...each one gets us more and more excited about our baby
- An AWESOME doctor
- A missionary friend who is a doula who will be training us in the Bradley Method of childbirth and coming with us for the birth


Nays -
- Maternity clothes in Brazil are hard to find! I searched all over the city for some maternity jeans (with the comfy waist that comes way up) with no luck. I am so glad to have a friend who is now coming down from the States and is bringing a pair I blindly ordered online. I hope they fit!
- Migraines! I've had quite a few very bad ones (so bad I can't even sleep) and I can't take the medicine that usually helps me.
- Acne....there are no words!
- Gaining weight - a necessity but not fun. By the end I will likely weigh more than Jeyson. I just can't get over that!
- Pregnancy advice in another culture that has included everything from - Don't wear jeans while pregnant to Don't scratch ANY part of your body while pregnant for fear of stretch marks (even an arm!) .

The other evening I was sorting through some hand-me-down baby clothes we got. Sam wasn't quite sure to make of it all. I'm not sure if he decided to lay in the box because he is afraid of being replaced or if he likes the idea of the little one on the way. At the very least it's a good confirmation that the clothes are soft!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Jamie said...

Adorable belly! Can't wait to see baby Braun in real life! When do you find out boy/girl???

Paulo e Cininha said...

Oi!!! Que bonitinha que vc está!
Se prepare porque a partir das 24 semaninhas a barriguinha cresce e cresce e é bom demais sentir cada vez mais os movimentos tão vigorosos do bebé!
Nós estamos com quase 40...dá uma olhada na nossa barriga no nosso blog-postei uma foto que tiramos no último sábado-com 38 semaninhas.... está enorme e linda!
Um super abraço para vocês!
Aproveitem cada momento que é realmente único!