Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's a...

Well if you haven't heard...It's a BOY! I'm now 24 weeks and getting bigger by the day.
I had mixed feelings about finding out the gender as part of me liked the suspense, but I'm liking even more knowing and mentally, emotionally, and logistically preparing for our baby boy. It's been a blast to officially be able to daydream in blue! I think there is no way we could NOT have known from such an obvious ultrasound, anyway!

Also, it's been super fun getting tons of boy hand-me-downs from my sister-in-law. Lucas is just 6 months, so someday they are going to be great friends too.

As far as a name goes, we still haven't 100% decided. We have a top runner but aren't closed off to others yet. Good thing we have 16 weeks left! One of the tribes that our mission serves has a cultural norm of never reusing a name...ever! This means the parents have to be VERY creative and each name is completely unique. Some of the people from the tribes have gone into the city and found interesting inspiration for names leading to children named things like "Pepsi" and "Colgate". I'm glad we're allowed to select from known names at least!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

May I suggest Dr. Pepper Braun? I think it has a nice ring to it! JK! SO happy for you guys....a healthy baby boy. Such wonderful news. You sure are blessed. Can't wait to get my hands on my new nephew!

Terry said...

Hey Congratulations on a healthy baby BOY on the way! So glad for you guys!

Chris and Amy said...

SO excited for you and your families! Congratulations on the great news!