Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Our First Visitors!

It's been a while since blogging because we just had my parents in town for a visit! My parents are our first visitors here just to see us and we had SUCH a wonderful time! We have tons of pictures so I'm going to post just the first part today and not necessarily in order of all that we did.
Waiting at the airport for their arrival
My parents meeting Elijah for the first time
We planned for Elijah to be dedicated in church when they were here. Jeyson's family also came and some friends. Exploring downtown Anapolis

Checking out snake and aligator boot options at the local market (couldn't convince them to buy any :)
A family run stand we stopped at for a snack
Enjoying G-ma and a present she brought down. The $2 toy never failed to make him smile!A bakery we went to where you can order cake by the sliver. Here in Brazil it's totally acceptable to eat cake any time of the day - breakfast, before dinner, etc. The place was filled with cake eaters when we went at 5:00 pm! You can have as large or small of a piece of as many kinds as you want and pay by the kilogram. We had lots of fun hang out time :)
We took an over night trip to Jeyson's parents' house and spent lots of time relaxing and eating.


For lunch at the Brauns' we had a Brazilian style barbecue where you fill up on meat so much as it is coming off the grill (cut into bite sized piece you pick up with your fingers), that when it's time to eat you aren't even hungry anymore.


A tour of the YWAM base where Jeyson's sister and her husband serve.





Lots of time with Popi...he even changed most of the diapers during the week!


A motorcycle ride around our neighborhood with dad driving!



And one of our favorite activities was having breakfast at the local bread store, which we did several times.



Elijah was a hit! We even got free babysitting while we ate :)


More to come!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Such awesome pics. I can tell you had an awesome time! I talked to Mom last night & I know they really enjoyed it. Especially meeting Elijah. Wish we could come.....Charlotte is dying to meet you guys and I want to give Elijah hugs and kisses from Aunt Danielle!!

bruce ciotta said...

I had to pinch myself when looking at these just to remind me that this was all true! What a fantabulous time we had. You are such wonderful hosts...I highly recommend the trip...sign me up for a repeat. Love you all so much, Dad

Pam said...

I got so excited about the visit when I looked at these pictures!! So glad Bruce and Vickie got to be there!

Pam said...

I got so excited about the visit when I looked at these pictures!! So glad Bruce and Vickie got to be there!

francine said...

I loved seeing your pictures!!! They are awesome!!!!! So glad your mom and dad were able to see you and hold their new grandson!!!! Love you guys!
Francine Jacobson