Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Family Flight

One of the highlights of my parents' trips was getting to show them around the mission. I gave them a tour around the administrative building, and Jeyson gave them a tour around the hangar.

It was fun to show them these tools that had been my grandpa's. When he moved into an assisted care facility, he gave them to Jeyson and he uses them all the time to work.

The hangar is much more than just the open space where we keep the planes. There are all kinds of small rooms where specialized work is done. I'll have to do a detailed blog about that sometime.

Then, a second part of showing around the mission was Jeyson taking me and my dad for a panoramic flight. My mom quite happily stayed home babysitting (we are grateful she was even willing to come on the commercial flight to Brazil...forget trying to convince her to go on a small plane!!)


Doing the very involved pre-flight safety check.

I haven't flown with Jeyson for a long time because of feeling bad with the pregnancy so it was really fun to get back in the air again.
It was just a 30 minute flight or so over Anapolis, but great to not only show my dad around the city but to allow him to experience our ministry up close. Who knows, maybe someday he can go along to a village? Never hurts to dream!

I was so relieved to not feel bad on the trip since last time I flew with Jeyson I felt queasy for some reason.





A great time was had by all! Speaking of flying, Monday-Tuesday Jeyson will be flying with a Wycliffe pilot to take a missionary to a village. This will be my first overnight alone with Elijah. Please pray for a peaceful night for us if we come to mind!

No comments: