Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Friday, November 11, 2011

Nursery Complete!

I can't believe our nursery is ready! About a month ago, I seriously did not think we'd actually have it ready in time, but it all came together. I wish I could show you a before picture to see just how far it came...from a storage room to a cozy spot for our little guy. We're are feeling as ready as we can be for his arrival....even Sam likes the room. Our cat seems to think that we have finally put together a room for HIM! Ever since we put up the crib, this has been his new favorite spot. (Maybe he thinks the crib is bunk beds??)

The above picture was taken when things weren't quite ready, but now they are. So, here are some pictures of our little (and I am not exaggerating when I say little!) nursery. First I'm putting a few shots to give you an idea of how the room fits together, and then I"ll zoom in on the details.


View 1



Looking a little to the left, view 2



And a little to the left of that, view 3....I told you it was tiny! We had to be creative to make it all work.



So now, the details. The crib: My mother-in-law came over and sewed the skirt for the crib and a mosquito net (no malaria for our baby!) which we'll close up around the crib when he's in there.







Labor is super cheap here, so I had someone put together these bumpers for us, since the Brazilian style ones are BIG puffy pillows, which I didn't like. Later on I was reading that now no bumpers are recommended, but I put them on anyway until he can start moving around. You can also see our Brazilian style bobby in the crib for safekeeping. I loved the way the bumpers turned out. It makes me want to have another boy in the future just to reuse them :)



And probably my favorite feature of all (which I already showed on the blog but can't resist putting up again) is this adorable tree my sister-in-law painted for us. Talk about some serious talent!



And a special rocking chair which was a special present from my parents. They don't make wooden rocking chairs here, but we knew a store which can order them from the southern part of Brazil. It is handmade from beautiful wood and will last a lifetime! The monkey was the very first present Baby Braun got and the camel pillow was actually made by Jeyson in 4th grade! Jeyson's mom saved it (Jeyson didn't know) and I stuffed/finished it and I love having it in the room.



Jeyson's mom also helped us make these curtains. I couldn't find anything I liked in the stores here (probably because I already had in mind exactly what I wanted....don't you hate when that happens???) so I bought the material and Jeyson's mom patiently put it together exactly as I had imagined.


Here's the bottom



And the top.



I also wanted blackout curtains but couldn't find any, so again I bought the material and made my own. I bought these rings that you put on shower curtains and put it together. Super easy and will hopefully buy me hours of our baby napping :) One can dream right?? The blackout curtain hides behind the real curtain easily too.


Here's our dresser/changing area. The baskets on top have extra supplies





After MUCH hunting I found out they don't sell the type of changing pads that have raised edges like in the States....they are completely flat. Since we don't want our guy rolling onto the floor, the same lady who sewed our bumpers put this together for us. I love the plastic around it too...so much easier to wipe down!






A cute little giraffe diaper holder




And our rug made from jean type material.



And I know I showed it before, but once again here is our bunch of lamps hanging from the ceiling.




I was inspired from a blog I saw and Jeyson put it all together for me - I found the lamps at the dollar store!



Now the only thing I still want to change about this nursery is this:


Yes, I would like for this view to change! I can't wait to have this guy out of my belly and in our arms! Come on Mr. Braun....we are waiting for you! 39 weeks on Saturday!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I Love this post. THe nursery is gorgeous and I love how you ended it. He'll be here real soon!!!

Jeremy and Jamie said...

Love all the details!!! Everything is suer cute. Love the bumper, curtains, the tree...adorable!!! I'm sure he will sleep his little heart out in there (...snicker, snicker...)
Miss you!!! :)

Mário and Merlyn Milhomem said...

Looking good guys! I'm sorry I've been so slow at making your painting…but they are coming along! Two done, one to go….save room on the walls ok!
Hope these last few days or weeks go quickly˜!

bruce ciotta said...

Awesome. I love the pictures ...they show the whole story. Just missing the main attraction.