Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nice Shades!

Pretty cool glasses, huh? Well, they may never become a trend, but Jeyson has been wearing them lately as he works towards his commercial pilot's license. Part of the rating is being able to fly only using the instrument panel in the plane...no looking out the window allowed! These shades are really a blinder that gets attached to the headset to block him from being able to see out the window as he flies.....with a fully seeing instructor as the co-pilot!
I had never actually seen this piece of equipment before, so when I was taking pictures Jeyson also showed me what it felt like to wear them....a very strange feeling! I can't imagine actually flying a plane like this!

Actually, I can't imagine flying a plane even without the blinder on...but that's not the point :)

Here I am sitting in front of the picture seeing what it is like to not see above the instruments.
Ready for take off!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You guys look great!! Maybe they'll become the next U.S. trend! :) :)