Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Monday, November 23, 2009

Seasonal Confusion

Have you ever experienced Seasonal Confusion before? Seasonal Confusion...what's that?!? Ok, I confess that I made up the name of my condition, but that's exactly what I'm experiencing...confusion about the seasons. While almost all of you are heading into the cold winter months, here in Brazil we're heading into summer heat....and boy is it hot! This is causing so much confusion for me.

I read my friends' blogs from back in the States and see them bundled up and I go on recipe websites and see postings for hot stews to warm your toes. Meanwhile, it's in the 90's here and very humid! Palm trees are in full bloom and just walking out your door makes you want to take yet another shower. It's very, very confusing to my internal calendar! What time of the year is it really?!?

The strangest part of all of this is the idea of getting ready to celebrate Christmas. To me, (almost) every Christmas I remember has looked something like this:



But this year, this picture better describes what will be the reality temperature wise:

Good thing Christmas is all about celebrating our Savior Jesus Christ and is not dependant on snowmen and fireplaces! Not that those things are wrong to enjoy...but maybe my Seasonal Confusion will allow us to focus on the real reason for the season a little more than usual.





2 comments:

Paulo e Cininha said...

dear Stephanie i know exactly the way that you are felling right now...christmas for me means cold, winter, rain, hot chocolate!
Well i used to think that was just a different(VERY differente) way of looking at christmas... nowadays christmas means beach too anda ice creams, and i think that is an extraordinary way of living!

last week, a very fun thing happened: i remembered you saying that Panettone had a lot of calories but when you eated(?) it you didn't felt like it was a very delicious and caloric thing...do you remember that? well, last week i was looking at a christmas cake: Bolo Rei (something like King Cake)
and i felt that way too!
i go with chacolate cake or just chocolate, why not?it fells so good!!!!!
send news!!!!
big hug!

Pam said...

I really love to read your emails and your blog. You are very good at writing and including pictures to give the people you're writing to a very real picture of what's going on in your lives. Praise God for His work in and through you and Jeyson and the others you serve with.