Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Friday, March 25, 2011

Teaching Faces

I love teaching. Seriously....I just think it is so fun! Here's a picture of me with my YWAM English class
I love to keep class informal with lots of interactive activities and a light spirited atmosphere so the students feel like they can make mistakes. I can't believe we're almost done with level one! This coming week will be the last week of the course. The other day as I was teaching, my sister-in-law took some pictures of me. It so funny to look at the pictures and see all of the funny expressions I make as I teach because I'm so into it.
For example....

and...
and....

On Saturday I went to Goiania and had all of the students over my sister-in-law's house for breakfast. I will try to post some pictures soon, but it was a huge success! They were only allowed to speak English and it was incredible how well they carried on conversation even though they've only studied for about 2 months!





1 comment:

mjsteidinger said...

Jeyson and Stephanie Braun-
My name is Matt Steidinger and my wife and 4 kids currently live in Anchor, IL (get your map out). I have about 300 hrs of flight time and am working on IFR and commercial ratings. I have also signed up for an A&P program in Michigan that starts in August. We have been working with projectamazon, a brazilian church planting organization located in Santerem Brazil. I was planning to join them in a few years, and they recently decided to use Asas as their aviation program. I would love to visit with you sometime about how you ended up with Asas. From my little interaction with MAF, it sounded like you couldn't really pick where you ended up and we would really like to be in Brazil. So are you MAF missionaries or Asas or is there no difference. Would also love to hear any recommendations on what we should or shouldn't do at this stage of the game.

Thanks and God Bless.
Matt and Janelle Steidinger
midwestnutrition@hotmail.com