Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Friday, February 18, 2011

YWAM English Class is Off the Ground

So much to blog about and so little time! I am hoping to catch up on blogging a little in the coming days (we'll see if it really happens :) but in the meantime here are some pictures of the class I'm teaching at YWAM. This has been an absolute blast! The students seem to be picking up on the material very quickly and are anxious for more. On the second week of the level one class, one students said to me "It is my goal to be having conversations by the end of the week". I tried to help me see that it will take a little longer than 2 weeks to be fluent :) but also tried to encourage him that he could already have a very simple conversations telling about himself, his classmates, etc. He's on his way! But it's fun to see how seriously they're taking this and how much that is helping them pick up on the material! These are some pictures of some activities we've done as a class.
The stuents are pretty young, the above girl is only 18 and so sweet and open. She came from across the country to be part of the course.

I love to keep the class moving - working in groups, standing up to mingle and ask each other questions related to the topic.




Tonight Jeyson and I are headed over to Goiania for an activity night that the English class and the YWAM discipleship training school are having...crazy hair night! The students will be presenting some skits in English, which I'm anxious to see what they're prepared. Then we'll spend Saturday with them and with Jeyson's family. It should be fun!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Have funthis wknd! You are a great teacher!!