Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, May 20, 2010

You Know You Live in Brazil When....

These are two true little stories that happened to me on my way to Boa Vista.....Ahhh Brazil :)

As I was waiting for my flight at the airport, an elderly woman sat next to me. After chatting about where we were headed and why, the woman's plane was called for boarding. "Well that's my plane" she said, "It was great chatting with you!" Up to this point would be normal in the States, but I knew I lived in Brazil when she then reached over to me, gave me a long, tight hug and a kiss on not one, but TWO cheeks! If someone had taken a picture, it would have looked like this....

Then, a little while later I was on my plane to Boa Vista. Similarly, the gentleman next to me made a few minutes of small talk with me. He asked me where I would be staying and I said that my husband would pick me up from the airport and we were staying somewhere in the city, but I wasn't sure exactly where. (To me obviously meaning that even though I didn't know where we would stay that Jeyson did). However, this is Brazil! When the man heard that I didn't know where I was staying, without skipping a beat, he (as casually as offering a piece of gum) suggested "Well if you want you can stay with my family!"

Yes, at moments like these I know I live in Brazil....truly a warm, inviting country! And I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs they are always interesting and filled with excitment. Take care and God Bless

Danielle said...

I love the hospitality and warmness of the culture! I feel that way about VA compared to NJ!

Paulo e Cininha said...

Hei!!! Im miss that SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
BIG HUG!!!!!!