Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome until 2018

It's here!!! What's here? My permanent visa!!!
You may remember that when I first arrived here in March 2008, we started running after ALL of the documentation needed for my permanent visa here in Brazil. The process even included a surprise visit from the Brazil version of the FBI at our house! I was totally approved and even had my name written in the official books in Brasilia (seriously!). I was issued a temporary, handwritten paper that allowed me to remain in Brazil and I just had to wait 6 months for my official permanent visa identification card to be printed. 6 months?!? Little did I know it would take even longer!

Yesterday, 1 year and 3 months later, my card arrived!!!
It is so strange to see Stephanie, Brazil, and Permanent on the same card.....do I really live in Brazil?!? Very surreal! As you can see on the card, my name is listed as Stephanie Ciotta Braun. It's funny, when we got married in the States, I changed my name to just Stephanie Braun (dropping my maiden name), but when I began the process here, the Brazilian government workers said that my name was too short and that I needed to at least include my maiden name as my middle name! I guess it's because Brazilians have such long names (4 names is normal here) so in Brazil I'm officially Stephanie CIOTTA Braun :) Also, you will notice on the card that it's valid until September 23, 2018 so at that point I'll need to get a new card printed....hopefully it will be a little faster this time! Until then, with this card, I'm welcome in Brazil until 2018!

2 comments:

bruce ciotta said...

I suggest coming back to the states to celebrate...how about later this year? LOL

AJ & CJ Kirtland said...

CONGRATS!