Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2 Years in Brazil

I'm so excited to tell you that today is my 2 year anniversary of living in Brazil!

It's almost hard to believe that 2 years have passed already since we left the States together after getting married. Where has the time gone! It's incredible to see how much has changed and how much I have adapted to my new reality....sometimes it's hard to remember what some parts of life in the States are even like. It just feels so natural and normal to be here. We love being able to serve full time in the place God has put on our hearts....it's just great!

That isn't to say that there weren't days over the past few years that I've felt like this....

..... tiny, weak, fragile, and unable to fly in light of the process of adapting to a new life, language, people, and culture!
And there are days over the past 2 years that I've felt like doing this.....
and high-tailing it back to my comfort zone!
(Great picture, Jeyson! That's the Braun's dog galloping across the lawn :)

But after 365+365 days here, I truly can say that I am so content to call Brazil my home and call what I do day-to-day my life and ministry.
I am so thankful for the many wonderful friends that God has given me to laugh with and depend on (like these two women Camila and Rose who are also missionaries with Asas de Socorro). Even though these women grew up on the other side of the world from me, it's amazing that as sisters in Christ we have SO much in common!

And I am SO thankful to have an amazing husband who has been a constant source of encouragement and support along my journey adapting to a new reality.
And of course you - on the other side of this blog! I am so thankful for your encouragement and interest as we've shared countless stories and feeling about our new lives and work!
2 years down - many more to go!

2 comments:

AJ & CJ Kirtland said...

Happy two years! Hope to see you guys in a few months for a visit!

Danielle said...

I echo Christa's comment!