Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Meet Bobby!

In the next blog I'm going to post pictures of Jeyson's trip, but in the meantime, it's long overdue to update you (aka my animal loving sisters) to Bobby.


Wow, I can't believe I'm publicly admitting that we now own a dog since I swore we wouldn't have one for now. It's a long, strange story but true! It started off with Hilu's (the dog we've been sitting while our friends were raising support in Argentina) time with us coming to a close. As the date started coming closer, we started to feel concerned about no longer having a watch dog. Here in Brazil, it really is a real possibility that your house could be broken into and now that Jeyson has started doing some overnight flights, I started to feel a bit insecure.


Just at the same time that these thoughts were beginning to enter our minds, Jeyson's parents had to give away one of their dogs....Bobby. Why they had to give him away is a very bizarre story involving a new neighbor claiming that the Braun's other dog ate their sheep and claiming that he killed the dog as a result. Although the sheep eating part is completely far fetched, their other dog really did disappear a few months ago, never to be seen again. The neighbor made enough threats about Bobby's life as well that the Brauns decided they needed to give Bobby away to keep the peace....hence his new home at our house!



Bobby is a good watch dog and has a very deep and loud bark...even though he's really nice! It's hard to imagine the neighbor not wanting him around, trusting him to guard his sheep! Bobby isn't a house pet, he stays outside (after all this is Brazil where the weather is always warm!) and watches the house....but we take him for walks and has a nice bed. His arrival was especially great timing because he came just one week before Jeyson traveled on this mission trip....I slept well at night knowing if there was any danger that there'd be a lot of barking to warn me!




We're glad to have Bobby, though Sam's still a little unsure of how much he can trust this loud barker! The only think I'm still trying to figure out is his name. What do you think of the name Bobby? Keep it or change it?

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Don't change his name...you'll confuse him!!! I just don't understand how the pets there don't run away!!

Johnny and Krista said...

Just look at his face...tell me that doesn't look like a "Bobby" face! Hahahaha. Anyway, Krista's and Johnny's vote is on leave it Bobby

Jeremy and Jamie said...

Leave it Bobby! He is so cute!

Vickie C said...

I like the name. Do you know how old he is? It would be hard for me to not let him in the house.

Unknown said...

He looks VERY nice! And I would agree that changing his name might confuse him. I think it suits him! Congratulations on now being pet owners! Love the pictures!