Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Checking In

Jeyson's coming home tomorrow - I can't wait! I'm so excited to hear stories and see pictures and just see him again! We've chatted a few times on Skype and Jeyson seems to be doing really well and enjoying himself and the ministry. They also have had GREAT flying weather! Tomorrow he will possibly switch seats and be in the pilot's seat instead of the co-pilot's, which will be a great experience! Throughout the week I've been keeping a close eye on Jeyson through the internet. As they fly, every few minutes the plane's GPS checks in and I can see where they are on the map. Here's a screenshot of the program - zoomed way out. I wanted to just give you an idea where in Brazil he's located. The pink circles are all different points from the GPS. If you find Bolivia on the map and follow almost parallel to the right, you can find Goiania. Anapolis (where we live) is only an hour west of there.

The program also allows you to zoom WAY in. Here's where Jeyson and Joy were on Monday when they picked up 2 Bororo (indigenous) women. He told me they came up in a canoe - and you can see just where the plane stopped by the water to meet them, and then headed to the end of the strip to take off again.



I'm looking forward to seeing the points on the map head back in my direction as they make their way back to Anapolis tomorrow morning! See you soon, Jeyson!

1 comment:

bruce ciotta said...

Way cool! Boy Jeyson is getting to go all the places I just wish I could go. Praise the Lord!