Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Asas Lately, and Teens

There's a lot to do this week so this post is going to be short, but I thought you might enjoy a peek around Asas.




I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that Asas has a major "remodeling" project going on at the hangar. I put remodeling in quotes because the work done has been so major I think it might qualify as starting over! It's looking great though! Asas used to own 2 hangars, but sold 1 and is using the money to remodel the hangar and expand with 2 administrative buildings on the sides.






Here's a picture taken a few weeks ago to give you an idea of what the Asas Anapolis base looks like lately. In the middle you can see the structure of the hangar in process. On the left is Asas's building where everything that deals with flights/training in Anapolis takes place. (There is another administrative building down the road where accounting and other departments are) On the right you can see the building that our partner mission SIL (Wycliff in Brazil) is finishing building. It includes a small apartment upstairs for missionaries and guests that come though. We will work together in the hangar on their planes. While the hangar is still being worked on, the planes are being cared for in the hangar next door. Behind these buildings is the runway....in fact on the very left you can see a big glass room that you can sit in and watch the planes take off.



In just a bit we're heading out for a meeting with the leadership of our church to discuss planning our small group ministry for the teens. We have one more young woman that will work with us and are praying for another man. We're excited about the opportunity, though I have to confess I'm a bit nervous...it's been a while since we've worked with teens....I'm not sure if we're still cool enough for them! :)


Though we're not sure what to expect, we're excited for all that God has planned to do in and though us in this new opportunity.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Jamie said...

I think you guys are cool enough. :) Ask Christa, she will tell you.

AndrewKirtland said...

I think you are cool enough, but i am not Christa...

AJ & CJ Kirtland said...

I don't know...it's been awhile! I will have to test you guys later this year to see if you are in the know! The more and more you age though, the more and more I do too...I'm not sure if I know what's cool anymore!