Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Big Picture

This week a visitor stopped by the Asas hangar - can you guess what it was?



How about now?





That's right - a marmoset was sitting on the fence watching the planes take off :) Marmosets are a relative of monkeys, which are also found here. Being from NJ I am used to looking outside and seeing a deer on the lawn, but still getting used to seeing monkeys in the trees and armadillos crossing the road.



Well today is finally the day - I am going to the States! I still can't figure out if I am returning home to the States after being on a trip or if I am leaving my home in Brazil to go on a trip. Maybe both! Either way I am so excited and look forward to my family meeting me in the airport early Saturday morning. I was so excited last night I could hardly sleep! However, it is also bittersweet knowing Jeyson and I will once again be in different continents, though this time it is very short term. I will be back here Dec 2nd.



On Sunday, the day after I arrive, I will have the chance to share during the "missions moment"at church. I have been working on how to sum up 8 months worth of experiences in 5 minutes and decided to put together a slide show that explains through pictures the gist of our work, though of course I couldn't include everything! Since blogging week to week it is hard to show the big picture of our ministry, I thought I would take advantage of the slides and post them this week for you to understand what our work here is about. Hope you enjoy while I head back to packing. I hope to post at least one update from the States, so keep checking!









































































































































































No comments: