Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Family News

Lately I just haven't been able to keep up on blogging.  Quite possibly at least partly due to this bun in the oven that is taking all of my extra energy.  Yep, that's right, we're expecting Baby Braun #2 in late September.  At the 13 week ultrasound, everything looked absolutely perfect, what a blessing!

No "official", full blown morning sickness this time, just a lot of nausea, more related to the heat here than food or the time of day.  I have been SO SO hot!  I feel like the heat is getting me from the outside in and the inside out!  And I've been really really really...REALLY tired.  I'm sure it's a function of the heat and chasing around a toddler that has really knocked me out this time.  But I've had to lay low the last few weeks and just make surviving my goal.  We are very excited about the news, especially after the loss we experienced last year.  The biggest prayer request, other than heath for me and the baby, is direction about what to do about the birth.  Whether to remain here or try to travel back to Anapolis at the end of the pregnancy where there are more medical resources.  We'd appreciate prayer for wisdom and open doors where God wants us.

Life will be changing for Elijah, though he totally doesn't understand yet.  
This is the pregnancy announcement we used
 He doesn't understand when we say he will be a big brother, but we know he will love it.  He's getting so big and I know he will love a sibling to play with soon enough.  The other Saturday we went down to the river and as I was getting him ready I put him in this romper, which is the biggest and last size romper we have and that exists.  Only to realize I could barely snap it!  
 
I've always loved rompers and Elijah has worn them since he was born...
 But it's time to retire them.  Romper age has come to a close.  On to big and exciting adventures that you have to be big to do!  On to being a big brother too.
 I'm so excited for all this year has in store for us!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

That announcement is soooo cute! You look fantastic too. I can't wait to meet this new family member!! Love you guys.

The Ruths said...

Congrats, Stephanie!! And I'm sorry to hear about your loss last year - I can imagine Jesus letting Uncle Joseph care for that little one in Heaven now.