Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ohio Friendships

This morning we left Ohio for Chicago to begin our several step journey back to Brazil.  But before I  move on to current blog topics, there are a few aspects of our trip that I didn't blog about that I still want to in the coming days.  

One of the things that I loved during our time in Ohio was getting to know women in the community.  I signed Elijah up for the library story time and through the group I made a few friends with women from the Coshocton area.  I also began going to a mothers and toddlers play group at a church that one of the girls from the mission leads.  In both of these settings it was wonderful to spend time with and build friendships with other moms that I never would have otherwise.  It was even fun to connect some of the friends from the library group with the play group.  Here are few pictures from the play group...
 All the kids play with toys while the mothers have two wonderful hours to spend time talking.
 Ahh...so relaxing and such a great time of encouragement since being a mom can be a lonely endeavor at times!



 Heather, the one who leads and organized the group, is from Scottland.  When she arrived in the area she began to notice that a group like this is a real need for moms and started the group at her church.  She is just the sweetest and most encouraging friend and all the moms can really see God's love through her life and work to run the group.

 I had the privilege of keeping the group going for a few weeks when Heather was traveling.  It wasn't a big deal but I was so glad to have been part of the great project Heather has going.  It really reminded me of the importance of building friendships with other moms.


Heather even does a little music time at the end with the kids
 I will definitely miss all the of fun and friendships I made during the time in OH and I'm so thankful for  the internet so that I can keep in touch even from Brazil!

No comments: