Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Roomie Reunion

It's been 5 1/2 years since being together with my two college room mates...we were way overdue for a get together!  I admit I had a moment where I considered not going because even the idea of slugging Elijah on yet another trip made me want to pass out and have a panic attack at the same time.  But these friends of mine are too good to let me get away with that.  My presence was required in Chicago so away we went.  The first 24 hours were a little rough...a delayed flight, rainy arrival at night, Elijah waking up screaming at 2 am, and that sweet son of mine spilling a giant cup of coffee on a white rug.  But the rest was nothing short of stellar!
We had planned to go to the zoo, a pumpkin patch, downtown, eat at our favorite college restaurant, and more.  Exactly none of that happened!  But it was totally fine!  Instead we stayed at Katie's house, talked, talked, cried, talked, laughed, laughed, laughed, ate two giant cakes, stayed up way too late every night, helped Katie get a post baby makeover, gave and got advice, went out to eat a NEW favorite restaurant, and of course scrubbed a carpet.
And it turned out Elijah wasn't TOO much a stinker for the rest of the time despite his rough look in this picture
Me and Katie with her new wardrobe


Katie's husband, Dan, was an A+ babysitter and watched both of these boogers so we could go out

In the end I can't tell you how glad I am that I went!  These two girls are precious sisters in Christ.  They know me so well form our hours and hours talking each day when we lived together (when we were supposed to be studying!).  To say the time was the encouragement I needed would be a complete understatement.  Even though I'll still see both of these girls again when I'm in Chicago and Arizona again, there was just something SO irreplaceable about all being together.  I feel filled up to the brim!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That last pic is just perfect. I am SO glad you went & had such a wonderful time. Close girl friends like that are so important. What a fun trip.