Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Friday, April 15, 2011

Jeyson Tales

In case you haven't heard the word....Jeyson is home! It has been SO wonderful having him back - 3 weeks apart was way too long! We've been having lots of fun together again, though it does mean I have to get back to actually preparing meals again instead of just snacking :) Here's a quick two funny stories that have happened since Jeyson's been back home. Persimmons. If you don't know what they are, don't feel bad, I had never had one before coming to Brazil. They're a fruit here in Brazil we call "caqui" and in English they are persimmons. We both love persimmons, especially Jeyson, so I picked some up from the store the other day. Here's what they look like.... Very similar to.... A tomato - right? In looks anyway, but the insides, taste, and texture are totally different. Well anyway, here's our little dialog as Jeyson headed out to the hangar this morning:

  • Me: There are some caquis in the fridge if you want to bring one as a snack. I think there are 2 in there.

  • Jeyson: Wow, actually there's a whole bunch in here (grabbing one, throwing it in his backpack and heading out the door)

  • Me: What?? I know I only bought 3 and we ate one already, so there should only be 2

  • Jeyson: (opening his backpack to check) Ooops I packed a tomato!
Then, at the end of the morning, I stopped by the hangar to pick Jeyson up for lunch. As I walked into the hangar I noticed everyone in the building huddled around the plane Jeyson was working on. What was going on?? Turns out....there was a SNAKE in the engine! Jeyson and another mechanic were working on some part right were the snake was hiding, and he decided to crawl out of his spot! As everyone looked on, a head came out....followed by an over 3 foot (I could honestly guess 4 foot) body! (internet picture b/c I didn't have my camera...but you get the idea...BIG) The guys all started hopping around and backing up except for my husband and one other guy. The snake was then slithering all over the hangar floor in circles...and the people were dancing out the way! Jeyson grabbed a stick and started trying to grab it, followed by someone grabbing a broom, and at some point Jeyson touched it (I'm not really sure when...the scene was a whirlwind...I just know that later Jeyson reported it was very smooth :). Eventually, the other guy grabbed him by the tale and carried him outside and dumped him on the sand out on the runway. All in a day's work!!! Welcome home Jeyson!

No comments: