Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Thursday, December 16, 2010

One week left in Arizona

I can't believe we only have about a week left here in AZ with family! It has been so much fun to be here with Mom and Dad and Joe. The events of the past days have included hiking, a visit to the Grand Canyon, shopping for some last minute things and gifts we want to bring to Brazil, spending time with 3 of our friends from Moody who live out here, moving Joe to a group home instead of the facility he was at (great new place!), and much more. It's been going by so fast and every day I am feeling a strange mix of emotions. I'm feeling sad about leaving family and friends behind, saying goodbye to the many conveniences and foods I love, but at the same time I feel made to do what we do in Brazil and I feel anxious to get back! I feel like a big part of me is missing while I'm away from our new home and ministry. I think that's a good sign! Mostly I feel like we timed our return perfectly. I feel like I have a little more soaking up to do here with family, but Jan 4th I will be excited to jump on our plane. It's just perfect!


On other news, we're making progress with our goal of monthly support. We now only have $335 of monthly committments to go to be at 100% of our goal. It's been awesome to see how and who God chooses to add to our team and excited to see how He provides the rest.


Ok now time for a few pictures of our trip to the Grand Canyon:

We met some guys from Argentina who have been making their way around North and South America...by motorcycle! They left home in Argentina December 2009 and have been biking around, stopping anywhere interesting, sleeping wherever is offered, and just having fun. They plan to be back home by March 2011. Can you imagine? And I thought WE'D been traveling for a long time being gone 4 months! We had fun chatting with them. Jeyson spoke with them in Spanish and I spoke in Portuguese, which they could understand really well since they had just been biking through Brazil on their way up this summer.


We stayed overnight in Flagstaff on the way home, where surprisingly the weather was much colder! We actually had to scrap our windshield. Jeyson was really excited to experience at least a tiny bit of cold weather.


Our next plans are to enjoy Christmas with my parents, Joe, and my sister Christa who is coming in town. Then, Dec 26th well drive back up to CA to drop off our car with Johnny and Krista, spend a few days with them, and Dec 28th we're heading back to NJ to get our flight to Brazil. Crazy how fast time is going!

2 comments:

AndrewKirtland said...

Sounds like you are having fun. There is plenty of cold here so Jeyson can get some while he is here.

Michawn said...

seriously, stephanie. i can't believe how fast your time there is going either!! ;) it's going by really quickly for *me* too. :) have a great time. praying for you. love you.