Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Fun!

It's official...I'm 26! Where is the time going?? I can't believe I can no longer say I'm in my early 20's! I had a wonderful day and here's a glimpse.

I woke up to breakfast in bed....well actually cake in bed! Why not? It's was my birthday after all! Still waking up...
Looking a little more awake it was time to check out my birthday gift. Jeyson got me an awesome set of cookware! Although this might sound strange to some people, you have to understand that not only do I cook a ton in Brazil, but I LOVE to cook...it's probably my favorite hobby in fact. The few pots and pans I have in Brazil are truly sad looking mismatched hand-me-downs from other missionaries and only 1 was nonstick (actually, most of the nonstick is now chipped off...can we say health hazard?!?) We were always planning to get a set when we got settled in Brazil but we just never took time to do it until now. Anyway, I am just TRHILLED with this awesome, good quality set that I can take back and enjoy years and years of good use! In fact, they come with a lifetime warranty. How will we get them back to Brazil? I'll have to post another time on all the crazy, strange stuff we're cramming into our 4 70lb bags! I also got this really cute apron from my good friend, Katie. I guess my love for cooking is getting to be well known :)

After lunch out at a Thai restaurant, we went for a hike/walk at a revenue in Raritan, NJ. It was a beautiful spot we ran into as we were trying to find another place. I think this path less traveled was even better!
The trail started out with this old railroad bridge..
And continued down this beautiful revenue.







In the evening we went over a family's house for dinner and then we got to share with our sending church's missions committee. I was extremely surprised that the family that hosted us for dinner knew that it was my birthday and surprised me with cake complete with candles. All in all it was an outstanding day...a perfect kick off for what I hope will be an even more wonderful year! Thanks to all who made my day special in so many ways!

No comments: