Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Jeyson, Stephanie, Elijah, & Audrey

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

While We`re Away...

I'm actually writing this post ahead of time since our plan is to take a trip during the Christmas break we get from Asas. I didn't want you to go too long without a post though, so I'm getting it all ready now while in Anapolis. On the trip we will visit some of Jeyson's relatives in south Brazil that I have never met, and cross over to Argentina to see Foz do Iguacu from that side. This trip also doubles as a little 1 year anniversary get away for us, so we hopefully we're having lots of fun as you read this.




It's Christmastime, which is one of my favorite parts of the year. I love pausing from all of the running around in life to take time to remember Christ's birth. Since we got married December 29th, this is actually our first Christmas together as a married couple, and we're still trying to figure out how our new little family will celebrate. I would love to hear a what your family does for Christmas. Do you have any special traditions or things you like to do together? Also, what do you do to keep Christ as the focus of Christmas? I would love to receive comment to these questions! Even if you have never left a comment on our blog before, please do! We'd love to get some good ideas.




I mentioned in a previous post that we were about to have our final couples study for the year. Well, we did have that last meeting, and we were very encouraged with the discussion that reflected over all that was gained from the study. Not only did people remember principles from the study, but also everyone commented that the group itself, a support network for our marriages, was invaluable. We also found this to be true. It is so refreshing to have a safe place to be transparent about the joys and struggles of marriage. We hope to continue meeting together in the new year.




Left to Right - Cininha and Paulo, me and Jeyson, Camila (her husband, Andres, is taking the photo), Emersson and Otinaracy, and Heber and Suzie (who just finished all of their training in Anapolis and are moving to the Amazon in a few weeks).



By the way, here is a little lettuce update. Do you remember a while ago I told you about the snail I found in my lettuce? Well, a snail was tiny compared to this millipede I found the other day! I can't believe it was in our fridge for a whole day before I washed the lettuce! There's nothing like lettuce straight from the garden!


Well, we can't wait to catch up again when we get back from our trip. Don't forget to leave your comment about your holiday traditions....we can't wait to hear all about them and maybe even adopt some :)



2 comments:

bruce ciotta said...

For our Christmas tradition we frequently made a pistachio birthday cake for Jesus and sang Happy Birthday! (Of course the kids would blow out the candles...lol)

Danielle said...

I remember that very clearly, Dad!!!!! Although I always thought Jesus blew out His candles!! :)